The human body depends on circulating blood to survive. The heart pumps blood out to the body through arteries. Veins bring blood back to the heart. In between, blood supplies the body with oxygen, helps combat diseases, carries toxins to the kidneys and liver for filtering and more.
Many conditions affect the complex highway of blood through the body, including blockages that can lead to stroke or heart attack, restricted blood flow due to narrowing of veins, varicose veins that have become dilated due to built up venous pressure and even kidney failure, which requires high-volume blood flow for use of a hemodialysis machine to replace kidney function.
This specialty deals with all types of vascular and endovascular procedures, including:
- Endovascular or open repair of abdominal aortic aneurysms, thoracic aortic aneurysms, and thoraco abdominal aneurysms, including fenestrated and branched stent grafts
- Open surgical reconstructions and balloon angioplasty and stenting in all vascular areas
- Carotid endarterectomy and carotid artery stenting
- Bypass surgery and endovascular therapy for peripheral artery disease and gangrene of the limbs
- Endovascular and open surgical treatment for peripheral artery aneurysms
- Endovascular surgical intervention, such as angioplasty and stenting, in all vascular areas
- Endovascular and open surgical reconstruction for deep vein occlusions