Department of Nephrology and Kidney Transplantation
- Department of Nephrology and Kidney transplantationis a modern facility taking care of diagnosis, treatment and management of various kidney diseases.Our hospital is a leading centre for the management of all renal problems including acute and chronic renal diseases caused by diabetes mellitus, hypertension, urinary tract infections, kidney stone disease and childhood kidney diseases.We are pleased to offer you the most advanced care available within the field.
- The Centre of Nephrology and Kidney transplantation has a sizeable and comprehensive kidney transplant program, having performed transplants from both living and cadaveric donors. We have an eminent team of kidney transplant physicians, urologists and the technical expertise needed to meet the challenges of this life saving procedure.
- Dialysis Unit is well equipped with latest generation haemodialysis machines to provide premium quality dialysis treatment to all renal failure patients. Facility for Continuous Monitoring of sick patient on dialysis through highly sophisticated monitors throughout the dialysis procedure is available. More than 800 haemodialyses are performed every monthly by highly trained technical and nursing staff under supervision and guidance of consultants round the clock.The paramedical staff including dialysis technicians, nurses and housekeeping staff are well versed with their technical skills.
- CVVHD (Continuous venovenous haemodialysis) is one of the highly sophisticated&specialised form of CRRT (Continuous Renal Replacement Therapy) for critically ill patients in ICU/ICCU with hemodynamic instability,whereroutine haemodialysis are not possible for various reasons.
- Plasmapheresis & Plasma Exchange:These facilities of plasmapheresis& Therapeutic Plasma Exchange (TPE)are available for renal and non-renal patients such as GB syndrome and Myasthenia gravis.
- This Centre has been specialised in making AV.Fistula and AV.Shunts for use in haemodialysis.